Each custom-designed, 1800-square-foot Texas
farm-style home blends its unique character and
floor plan with a well-planned design concept
and fine architectural detailing.
Las Casas Verdes homes feature quality over
quantity, are quaint, efficient and offer elegant
styling, desirable design features and the
added benefit of a reduced carbon footprint.
Standard Features in Each Home:
- 3KW Solar Photovoltaic System
- Solar Thermal panels for water heating.
- Properly-oriented on the lot for solar-maximization.
- Passive solar design, including deep roof overhangs, porches and shade trees.
- Heat chimney to move air and ventilate home.
- High-capacity rainwater collection system for use in toilets and water-wise irrigation.
- High-SEER multi-zone HVAC system including pressure-tested and sealed air ducts within the
home's thermal envelope.
- Heat-recirculation HVAC ducts reuse pre-heated air in the winter.
- Large capacity water heater for solar thermal storage and back-up.
- Multi-speed fans and duct controllers to cool or heat specified portions of the home.
- No VOC paints, reflective metal roofs and recycled building materials.
- Recirculating hot water system for immediate hot water throughout home.
- Automatic light and fan switches will be incorporated where appropriate.
- All homes feature pre-assembled wall systems, reducing construction waste and improving